Wait! - Looks like more than just sheets on the clothesline. What's that hiding in the back? Is it? Could it be?
Oh my, it's the raffle quilt! Yes, the long awaited raffle quilt that the Urban Cyclist http://anurbancyclist.blogspot.com/ has been promising is finished. Well, almost finished, it still needs some binding but that's not a big deal.
Here's a closer shot. It's the twister pattern "Let's Twist". The fabric is 100% cotton with a polyester batting.
The quilt measures 74" by 87".
A quilt blowing in the breeze is such a beautiful thing!
Those of you that saw the original choice of fabric and pattern might be confused. I had a change of mind. It's a quilter's prerogative. This quilt top was almost finished and I decided that instead of piecing another quilt I would just use this one. The Urban Cyclist didn't know about this change so don't blame her if your heart was set on the original selection.
If you want to be the proud new owner of the quilt I am sure that the Urban Cyclist would be more than happy to tell you how to make this dream come true. http://anurbancyclist.blogspot.com/
If she doesn't have the info up yet, please give her a few minutes to do so. She didn't know that I was going to be posting this today.
- My good friend Lynn http://cooks-patchwork.blogspot.com/ generously donated her time and skill to do the quilting. Thanks Lynn. You are the best.
- All proceeds (100%) from the sale of the raffle tickets will go to benefit the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.
- Mari and Andrew (UC's Mom and brother) can really keep a secret. Thanks guys.
- Happy Birthday to my absolute favorite brother-in-law Mike who happens to be the Urban Cyclist's Dad. You really are the best Mike.
- A great big shout out to Bethany, UC's sister. I don't want you to feel left out Beth.