Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Remarkable "Miss Lynn"

My friend Lynn is an incredible lady and just about everyone who knows her would agree with me.  Lynn would be the only one that would wonder why and probably dispute this. 

Lynn is the most prolific quilter I know.  Right now she is in the midst of  making quilts for Project Jimmy for the long term residents at Wilkes-Barre, PA VA Hospital.  She is making them in honor of her brother-in-law who resided there and needs about 70 quilts.  Right now she is up to approximately 50.  With the exception of  just a few, she has made all of these quilts herself..  When I say made, I mean from start to finish including the quilting.  To her credit, most all of the fabric used came from her stash.  Her deadline is Valentines Day.  She is working hard to finish them.  There is no doublt in my mind that she will.

Lynn and her quilts!







Did you notice that the quilts are all different designs?  I wish I had better quality photos so that you can really appreciate the beauty of these quilts.  Each one is unique.

Lest you think that all Lynn has been doing is making Project Jimmy quilts, you should also know that she has been working on and finishing many other quilts as well.  She finds time to come out and party with her friends, take care of  her family, read and a myriad of other things.  All of this she does with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye.  Oh, did I mention that she is a really caring and generous person?  Is it any wonder that I feel honored to call this lady my friend?

Lynn, you are one hell of a lady!

If you want to get to know Lynn better, check out her blog http://cooks-patchwork.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. rose anne you are wonderful thank you.(i can also be a b---h at times). it is said that you r who you hang with, so i reflecked you and our amazeing friends and family. rose anne is also very generous with her time and talent. now i'm going to go cry.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rose anne your making me cry. thanks but remember you are who you hang with . so i'm a reflecksion of you and my wonderful friends and family. it is i who is honored to be called your friend.

    ReplyDelete