Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Quilt in the Works

My quilt guid has taken on a community service project to make quilts for patients at Philhaven, a local psychiatric hospital.  This quilt was originally on my "to do" list with Patchwork Penquin's http://patchworkpenguin.blogspot.com/2011/02/gyleen-fitzgerald-amazing.html monthly project challenge.  However, time is running out and I want to get this project going.  I had already chosen the pattern and fabric (from my stash).  Today I prepared and cut all of the necessary pieces.  Hopefully tomorrow I can make a dent in sewing it.  The quilt pattern is Squares and Stripes and it is located in Fons and Porter's Learn to Quilt Magazine 12/2010.


The fabric we were to base our color scheme on is Hancock's Challenge fabric which is a teal.  I coordinated some other fabrics around it.  If things go as planned tomorrow perhaps I will have a quilt top to show.

On a different note, my friend Lynn over at Lynn's Obsession http://cooks-patchwork.blogspot.com/2011/02/melt-down.html#comment-form has finished an overwhelming 87 quilts for the residents of the VA Hospital in Wilkes Barre, PA.  Tomorrow is delivery day and she is having a major melt down because she's afraid the fellows won't like them.  I don't know how they couldn't.  Each one is its own masterpiece and filled with an amazing amount of love from Lynn.  I can't wait to hear all about her adventure.  I am adding photos with just a few of her quilts. 













She has so many more.  Each one made by her.  The fabric is mostly from her stash.

Great job Lynn!  We are all so proud of you and are amazed at what you have been able to accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. rose anne you amaze me. the quilts are all on the beds . 4 men declined quilts but others wanted them so it all worked out. i had 14 offers to buy the quilts before we finish unloading. one gentleman was not happy with sorry these are for the residents of 2 and3 for. so ithink we should set up a stand out front and sell quilts.

    ReplyDelete