Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

What I have been doing

Well, I feel like I have made some progress.  I have the Philhaven quilt top pieced.  Just need to get it quilted.  The colors did not show up true.  Wish the photo was better.  Perhaps the picture of  the quilted version will be better.


I also have my fabrics ready to go for my next project.  I am really looking forward to working on my first promise stitch quilt.  It is the flower box pattern (hence the floral fabrics) and done by hand.  Tammy at http://treadleworksbytammy.blogspot.com/  is my mentor.  If you want to find out more about the Promise Stitch check out Tammy's 2/11/11 post.  She is working on the flower box as well.  You can see one of the blocks there.  I am grateful to all of the advice she has given me and look forward to making progress with this project.   I enjoy hand piecing and like having a portable project.  This one is perfect.  Time to get cutting.  I'll give you a peek when I get some blocks pieced.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing piles of fabric ready for a project!! Yesterday 3 of us attacked some fabric and made 10 dresses for Dress A Girl around the World!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I think the top came out great, even if the colors aren't too true.

    ReplyDelete